Saturday, September 12, 2009

[TacAreaFC] Digest Number 3995

Messages In This Digest (20 Messages)

Messages

1a.

Offer: Weight Machine (96th and S. Tacoma Way)

Posted by: "minispam@mac.com" minispam@mac.com   frances1358

Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:55 am (PDT)



This weight machine is a 1980s DP Ultra Gympac Wall/Bench unit, with original Assembly/Installation instructions. It is an older style of weight machine with little rectangular bricks at the back, with holes to put a pin into, to determine what weight you want to lift. This was a really fancy set when it was new in the 1970s or 1980s--it still looks almost new, though it needs to be wiped down from storage, and the weight labels are not all attached anymore.

It has a bench, bench press bar, and those padded knee things for leg work at the end of the bench. It has shiny, bright red vinyl padding, and black foam cushioning on the attachments. It has several bench pieces, bench press bar, a lat bar, and a bunch of other pieces.

To the best of my knowledge, this set is complete, except for the heavy-duty screws needed to bolt the unit to a stud in your wall for stability--you can probably get the right kind at Home Depot. VERY IMPORTANT: this weight machine MUST BE BOLTED TO A WALL, otherwise it is unstable and won't work properly, and could result in INJURY for you or your children/pets, etc, if it tips over.

You will need to bring a big vehicle, like a pickup truck or van, capable of carrying something large that is all in one piece, in addition to a bunch of accessories, plus bring friends to help lift--this thing is HEAVY.

We've been hoping to find the set a good home for a few years, where it could be safely enjoyed by people who would FreeCycle it again when they no longer need it.

Are you the dream home this weight set has been waiting for? :)

2.

WANTED: hand puppets (Spanaway, but will travel)

Posted by: "Kelly" kelbelpcs@yahoo.com   kelbelpcs

Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:53 am (PDT)



I'd like to have several puppets like the ones shown at this link (http://images.quickblogcast.com/66338-58151/Glove_display3.jpg) to use in my classroom.
 
Thanks -
 
Kelly 

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

3.

WANTED- Freezer N. Tacoma

Posted by: "missladrica" missladrica@yahoo.com   missladrica

Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:53 am (PDT)



A Freezer is needed for feeding Minisrty, Thanks Tacoma

4.

Offer: Computer monitor  (E.Tacoma)

Posted by: "finallymine2003" finallymine2003@yahoo.com   finallymine2003

Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:40 am (PDT)



I have a working Dell computer monitor. I think it is a 16"

5.

Offer: Sewing table (E. Tacoma)

Posted by: "finallymine2003" finallymine2003@yahoo.com   finallymine2003

Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:04 am (PDT)



This measures 3' long x 17" wide and 31" high. It has 3 drawers for storage. I don't know what kind of machine goes in it. Nice condition

6.

WANTED: Developing Tank/35mm Film Scan/Darkroom Chemicals (Broadway

Posted by: "muzikjay" muzikjay@yahoo.com   muzikjay

Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:39 am (PDT)



Will take any and all =) Thanks

7.

Wanted: Girls clothes size 12-14 (Tacoma)

Posted by: "mycharmedone" mycharmedone@yahoo.com   mycharmedone

Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:57 am (PDT)



My daughter is in despirate need of clothes in sizes 12-14. We can afford to buy any new clothes for school and I feel bad that she is wearing clothing that doesn't fit. If anyone can help, we really would appreciate it. Thank you.

8.

wanted: Mens pants/jeans 34/34 or 34/36 (Tacoma)

Posted by: "mycharmedone" mycharmedone@yahoo.com   mycharmedone

Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:00 pm (PDT)



I am looking for jeans or pants for my son. His jeans are getting too tight and I can't go buy him any at this time. If anyone has some in sizes 33, 34 waist and 34 to 36 length. I really appreciate the help.
Thank you

9.

wanted: truman middle school sweatshirt (tacoma)

Posted by: "mycharmedone" mycharmedone@yahoo.com   mycharmedone

Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:03 pm (PDT)



My son is at Truman Middle school and could use some polo shirts, truman sweatshirt. He wears about a mens large. I know the one sweatshirt that he wore last year was an extra large and it has fallen apart. He can't wear it to school because of the condition and was given a warning from security officer that it was not acceptable according to the dress code. If anyone has any polos shirts or truman middle school sweatershirt that is no longer needed we would appreciate your help.
Thank you

10.

offer,artificial plants,parkland

Posted by: "misscshy" missc123@webtv.net   misscshy

Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:21 pm (PDT)



2 artificial plants in baskets.

11.

Offer: Marsherdon Updated List 7 (University Place)

Posted by: "marsherdon" msservos@gmail.com   marsherdon

Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:32 pm (PDT)



OK...flakes aside, everything else I have from my previous posts is gone (i.e. pending pick-up) except those listed below:

Please don't ask for pictures. I don't have the time for that in the midst of our moving preparations...

Latest item:

1) Air mattress...we haven't used it in more than a year...should still work fine.

Still available:

1) "Happy St Patrick's Day" green button with pretty green satin ribbon trim. Bought from Claire's this year.

2) TWO bags of Ladies assorted clothes...again, they don't fit cos I'm pregnant. Size L (I'm between 12 and 14, depending on cut)

3) 3 scarves...one zebra print, one maroon, one navy...nothing really fancy...

4) Sparkly black sequins big tote bag which I bought from Lane Bryant...unfortunately, there's a little tear at the bottom, which you can probably sew up. I got tonnes of compliments for this bag!

5) A few sexy-looking, strappy ladies heels. Mostly black but also one in gold. All toe-revealing. I'm a size 8-8.5.

6) Box of Christmas matching dinnerware: 4 dinner plates, 4 salad plates, 4 cups, 4 saucers...has a Christmas tree design in the middle with a gold trim.

We are moving so we have lots of items. When replying, let me know what exactly it is you want, when you can come down to pick up, and your PHONE NUMBER (to keep away flakes). I don't mind giving items again to people who have already picked up something from me before.

Preference given to those who let me know how badly you need it and/or can pick up soonest. Please don't say you want all...I'd rather be helping people who really have a need for the stuff.

We will be giving away lots of stuff so if you flake on me just once, I'll BLOCK you from receiving my future offers (btw, my bigger items come closer to our move, in mid-Nov).

Sorry, but if I don't reply, it's cos the item has gone to someone else or you might be way down on my waiting list.

For those who are asking for more than one item, when replying, please let me know if you're willing to take JUST ONE item or I usually ignore your emails in favour of those who just ask for one item. Of course, if no one else has asked for the other items you ask for, then you might get all. But let me know either way, please. :)

It'll be a lot easier for us just hauling the stuff to the thrift store but we'd like to pay back this community as we have often benefited from it in the past...so please don't reply for the heck of it, and then flake on me. You know who you are...

We live at Bridgeport and 44th, University Crossings apartments...

Cheers!

12.

Wanted: Dehumidifier - Parkland

Posted by: "bethel@waypoint.com" bethel@waypoint.com   bethel_prescott

Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:22 pm (PDT)



Hi Folks!

The apartment I just moved into is very small and has almost no ventilation. Breathing seems to be enough to keep the air damp. I can't dry anything at all, the cereal's all gone soggy, and my little cactus terrarium thinks it's suddenly in Indonesia during monsoon season.

If anyone has a working dehumidifier I sure could put it to good use.

Thanks!

Bethel
Tear it down!

13.

OFFER: curtains (Lakewood)

Posted by: "mini_megna" enigmaren@gmail.com   mini_megna

Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:49 pm (PDT)



Never been used. Floral pattern.

14.

WANTED: Rolling office chairs (N Tacoma)

Posted by: "Tara Byrd" t.byrd79@yahoo.com   t.byrd79

Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:02 pm (PDT)



Looking for two rolling office chairs for home office. Thanks!

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

15.

Taken kitchen stuff University place

Posted by: "brandel2a" brandel2a@yahoo.com   brandel2a

Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:03 pm (PDT)



pending pick up.

16.

Taken: Sewing table (E.Tacoma)

Posted by: "finallymine2003" finallymine2003@yahoo.com   finallymine2003

Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:28 pm (PDT)



Thank you and enjoy

17.

Offer: Parakeet & Finch (E.Tacoma)

Posted by: "finallymine2003" finallymine2003@yahoo.com   finallymine2003

Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:45 pm (PDT)



I have a blue parakeet & a white finch. A friend gave me these to find a home for. I would keep them but I am dealing with cancer and don't have the time or energy to care for the, You will need a cage for them.

18.

Taken: Kenwood Speakers & Stereo (56th & South Tacoma Way)

Posted by: "lovinstuffus" lovinstuffus@gmail.com   lovinstuffus

Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:59 pm (PDT)



Thanks Houston! Enjoy.

19.

received: Things for my sons 6th bday on Saturday Tacoma

Posted by: "s_h_e_n_e_c_r_o_m_a_n_c_e_r" s_h_e_n_e_c_r_o_m_a_n_c_e_r@yahoo.com   s_h_e_n_e_c_r_o_m_a_n_c_e_r

Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:50 pm (PDT)



Thank you to the 3 people who went out of their way to help.
Thank you for everything. You guys are the ones who make me not want to unsubscribe from this group.

I am excited about the cake!!!!!!!!

I know he will love all of the things

20.

Offer: "pink" clock (S 84th and Pac Ave)

Posted by: "themessmakergirl" themessmakergirl@yahoo.com   themessmakergirl

Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:33 pm (PDT)



It's a plastic small size wall clock. It was green but re did my bathroom in pink and wanted the clock to match. Well I am not painter so it looks like my pre-schooler painted it. LOL

I would really like this picked up ASAP. All I ask is that you are not a no show...cuz then you go on my list.

Thanks,

Jody

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Share Photos

Put your favorite

photos and

more online.

Yahoo! Groups

Mom Power

Find wholesome recipes

and more. Go Moms Go!

Group Charity

Stop Cyberbullying

Keep your kids

safe from bullying

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
__________________________________________________________________________
Post to your home group first!  Reduce your carbon footprint upon the environment.
___________________________________________________________________________
Freecycle(TM) and the Freecycle logo are trademarks of The Freecycle Network in the United States and/or other countries.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive